Queen's University — Since 1873
11th March 2011

Spring and summer style watch

Where to find it: 
American Apparel
Unisex Highlighter Thermal Long Sleeve; $16.00
Where to find it: American Apparel Unisex Highlighter Thermal Long Sleeve; $16.00 (Supplied)

Share

submit to reddit

Colour

This season is big, bold and all over the map when it comes to colour. Designers and fashionistas alike are forecasting bright fluorescent colours. Think hot pink, lemon yellow, fierce fuchsia and bold blues. For the less adventurous, romantic inspired dressing brings peach tones into the mix, and always a classic, crisp white makes a return as a popular choice this summer.

Boho/’70s

Abba haters beware: this season is a flashback to the 1970s. Spring/Summer 2011 will bring those ponchos out of the closet. Patchwork, crochet and fringe are all expected to make a return. Even flares and long maxi dresses are forecasted to grace the summer streets yet again.

Romance

The romantics out there and those who feel like the Victorian era was more their century should rejoice, because romantic-inspired clothing is all the rage this season. Girly laces, floral prints, pastels and silks are appearing as well as bustiers and other bedroom inspired attire.

Urban Safari

Whether you’re wrangling your way through a Brazilian rainforest or just exploring the ins and outs of that new summer job, you better look the part. Think utilitarian bags, loud Amazon prints, flat sandals, gold and wooden jewellery, leathers, tans and camels.

Where to find it: The Gap
Printed Maxi Dress; $59.00
Where to find it: The Gap Printed Maxi Dress; $59.00 (Supplied)
Where to find it: Old Navy
Women’s Floral-Print Chiffon Top; $24.50
Where to find it: Old Navy Women’s Floral-Print Chiffon Top; $24.50 (Supplied)
Where to find it: Urban Outfitters
Urban Renewal Soft Shoulder Gauze Dress; $59.00
Where to find it: Urban Outfitters Urban Renewal Soft Shoulder Gauze Dress; $59.00 (Supplied)

blog comments powered by Disqus