Vote for the Gael’s best moment

The ten moments selected to appear in the poll are (in chronological order):

10/05/2008 – Dominant Weekend: Gaels squads across multiple sports dominate opponents registering significant victories over a two day period (Oct. 4 and 5) — Rugby (M) vs. Trent 106-0; Football vs. York

80-0; Soccer (M) vs. RMC 5-0; Hockey (W) vs. Western 4-0.

10/18/2008 – Undefeated: Football and Rugby (M) both finish their regular seasons undefeated. Football marches to a perfect 8-0 season while Rugby posts a 5-0-1 record and would go on to capture a silver medal at the OUA Championship.

10/25/2008 – Champions: Rowing captures Queen’s only banners of the 2008 Fall Term taking both the men’s and women’s banners. For the women’s team it marked their second consecutive banner. One week later on Nov. 3, Queen’s would finish second (women) and third (men) at the Canadian University Rowing Championships.

10/26/2008 – Silver Medal: Lacrosse (W) captures its fourth consecutive silver medal finish at the OUA Championship. The Gaels finished with a regular-season record of 9-3 and 18 points, second to only Laurier who had 24 points.

11/21/2008 – National Honours for Football – Head coach Pat Sheahan and linebacker Thaine Carter are recognized nationally for their season. Sheahan is named Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) football coach of the year, while Carter is the recipient of the CIS Presidents’ Trophy for top defensive player in the country

just a day earlier.

1/7/2009 — Moore scores 40: Brittany Moore made Queen’s history scoring 40 points in a single women’s basketball game against Royal Military College. She broke former Gael, and current assistant coach, Claire

Meadows’ old record by a single point. Moore was nine points shy of tying the OUA single-game mark (49) held by Candi Lohr (Brock) in 1982-83.

1/24/2009 – Crazy Ending – Queen’s women’s basketball edged the Carleton Ravens 53-52 on a last second lay-up by Brittany Moore. Moore’s basket was part of a bizarre sequence of events which saw Carleton foul Moore on a three-point attempt and leave her undefended at the foul line.

2/3/2009 – Captain Burke – In his first night as interim captain, Billy Burke, scored two goals, including the overtime winner, as Queen’s defeated the Carleton Ravens 3-2. Burke went on to score six goals in three games after recording just three in his first 21 games. His efforts helped men’s hockey finish the season with a 6-0-1 record.

2/19/2009 – Silver Again – The men’s volleyball team collected a second consecutive silver medal as they competed against the McMaster Marauders for the third straight season in the finals. Volleyball tallied another impressive season, including a seven-game win streak.

3/3/2009 – Morra leads Gaels to Semifinals – Amanda Morra had a hat-trick as the Queen’s women’s hockey team defeated the number-nine nationally-ranked Toronto Varsity Blues 4-2 in the OUA quarter-finals to advance in the playoffs.

Click Here to take survey